Motion Design and UX training with Val Head
Get your team up and running with the latest web animation skills and interface animation design know-how.
Interface Animation for the Web Workshop
Motion design is a necessary skill for anyone working on the web today. The future of UX on the web includes animation and to keep up we need to embrace the power of web animation. This workshop will give you the motion design skills you need to design and build meaningful and sophisticated animation into your work. You’ll gain expert knowledge of the current web animation landscape and how animation fits into your design process.
You’ll learn all this through hands-on exercises and demos. All sample code from the workshop is yours to keep to use in your own work and projects.
What you’ll learn:
- Timing, offsets, secondary action, and other key motion design principles you can apply to interface animation
- Where and how animation can improve UX and reduce cognitive load
- Storyboarding, motion mock-ups, motion prototypes, and other helpful workflow techniques
- How to design and build performant web animations
- Animating with progressive enhancement in mind
- A look to the future of web animation including the Web Animation API and browser-based tools
Who should attend:
This workshop is for designers and front-end developers who want to gain motion design skills and add more meainingful animation to their work.
What you should know:
What to bring:
A laptop with your favourite modern browser(s) and a free CodePen account is all you need.